Cook a beef stroganoff in a few minutes with our simple recipe.
Beef stroganoff is a classic Russian dish that’s enjoyed all over the world. This classic stroganoff recipe contains sour cream, mushroom, onion and beef broth which turns into a great tasting meal for the whole family to enjoy.
A stroganoff doesn’t have to be overly complicated. It can be prepared with basic ingredients and little prep time and still come out tasting fantastic.
What type of beef should I use to make beef stroganoff?
If you’re looking to make the tastiest stroganoff, it’s best to use prime cut beef such as fillet or rib eye steak.
How long can I keep a beef stroganoff in the fridge?
Once cooked, you can keep beef stroganoff in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days, as long as it’s kept in an airtight container and sealed. If you wish to reheat it, add it to a pan with a tablespoon of water.
Kitchen utensils required:
- Large frying pan
- Heat-proof bowl
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
1lb steak, sliced
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic (pressed)
1 tbsp butter
10 oz mixed mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp plain flour
⅔ cup sour cream
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ cup beef broth
½ bunch parsley, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
- Allow the beef to sit at room temperature for around 30 minutes.
- Tenderize the beef steak (smack it with a mallet or rolling pin if you don’t have one) for around 2 minutes and then cut it into slices. Slice the onion whilst you’re at it.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and place the onion on a medium heat. Cook for around 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and butter and cook for further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the mushrooms are fully cooked. Add the salt and pepper then place the mix into a heatproof bowl.
- Add the steak to the frying pan and cook for 5 to 6 minute on low to medium heat. Add in the sour cream, beef broth, dijon mustard and flour and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and onions to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Add in the parsley.
- Serve with some fresh rice or pasta and enjoy!