If you’re wondering how to make the perfect spaghetti carbonara, follow this simple recipe.
Spaghetti carbonara is a classic italian dish that’s enjoyed all over the world. For such a tasty meal, you may be surprised to learn that it’s only made with a few ingredients – that is eggs, cheese, bacon and pasta.
This is a really quick and simple spaghetti carbonara recipe that can be cooked from scratch in under 30 minutes. Even those with the most basic of cooking skills will be able to master this delicious dish in no time.
If you would like to make the perfect spaghetti carbonara, it’s best you only buy fresh, high quality ingredients.
What bacon is best for spaghetti carbonara?
In this recipe, we’ve used pancetta bacon but you can use any type of streaky bacon, even the smokey sort.
What cheese is best for spaghetti carbonara?
Any good italian hard cheese such as Grana Padano, Parmesan and Provolone can be used but we’ve used the classic Pecorino cheese (this is the traditional cheese in carbonara).
- 1 saucepan
- 1 frying pan
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Cheese grater
200g of spaghetti
150g of pancetta bacon
2 cloves of garlic
50g Pecorino cheese
¼ cup water
- Start by adding the spaghetti to boiling water with a pinch of salt and splash of olive oil. Cook for 10-15 minutes (or check the instructions on the packet for a guideline).
- Place two egg yolks (not the whites) into a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper to them. Mix with a fork and add 50g of pegaroney cheese.
- Take the bacon and slice into 2cm slices. Add to a frying pan on a medium heat and cook for 2 minutes. Add some crushed garlic and cook for around 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Then place on a low heat to allow it to cool slightly.
- Using the kitchen prongs, remove the cooked spaghetti and add to a frying pan. Add a 1/4 cup of the spaghetti water and stir in the egg yolk mix.
- Cook for a minute or two whilst constantly stirring.
- Add some grated cheese and ground pepper and enjoy.