If you’d like to make your own fully loaded nachos, follow our steps.
Nachos is a Mexican dish which has been around since the 1940s. They’re normally served as an appetiser but, these days, are also considered to be the perfect snack for watching the Super Bowl with.
Nachos are best served warm topped with guacamole, sour cream, salsa and melted cheese.
But nachos are not just limited to an appetiser or snack. They also make a good side dish for a chilli con carne.
This is a super quick nacho recipe which includes tasty dips.
What tortilla chips should I use?
There are no rules around which tortilla chips you should use. However, it’s recommended that you source a brand of chips that are slightly thicker (thinner ones can become a little soggy).
What cheese is best for nachos?
Again – there isn’t a standard approach for this but, in our recipe, we use cheddar. You may decide to use Brie or mozzarella – there are no hard and fast rules.
2 – 4 servings
1 bag of lightly salted tortilla chips
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup jalapeños (optional)
10 oz of grated cheddar cheese
¼ cup of guacamole
¾ cup salsa dip
½ fresh chives (chopped)
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F.
- Take an oven proof dish and layer the bottom of the tray with tortilla chips.
- Spoon on the salsa sauce and spread evenly. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese and add a few Jalapeños. Ensure you leave enough cheese and salsa for other layers.
- Repeat until you have used all the chips up and then pile on the remaining cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for around 8 minutes or until all the cheese has melted.
- Add the sour cream, guacamole and chives and enjoy.
Remember – you can get creative with nachos and add other toppings such as chilli con carne or spicy, shredded chicken.