Looking for the authentic taste of Spain? Try this seafood paella.
Paella is Spain’s most iconic dish which, if prepared correctly, will taste fantastic. It’s very easy to make, contrary to popular belief.
Paella can be made with many things, however you’ll mostly find chicken, pork or chorizo varieties or the classic seafood version with mussels, shrimp and cockles. It’s main ingredient is rice which typically includes some vegetables.
Most people avoid cooking paella at home as they tend to think it’s a difficult recipe to master. Believe us when we say – it’s not….but you’ll ideally need to get yourself a paella pan.
How long can I keep paella in the fridge for?
If you place the paella in a container that’s well sealed, you can keep it in the fridge for around 3 – 4 days before the paella needs to be consumed. As with any rice dish, it’s important to store it correctly and safely with an adequate seal.
Can I reheat paella?
Yes you can. You can either put it in the microwave in a suitable container and cook for about around 4-5 minutes. Or, for a better tasting paella, add it to a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and cook for around 5 or so minutes. If your paella looks dry, add two tablespoons of water.
1 large tomato (chopped)
????? ADD AMOUNT Chorizo (sliced)
2 cups of seafood stock
1 large onion(finely chopped)
½ cup Spanish rice
6 saffron threads
½ bunch of parsley
1 cup of white wine
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp fresh rosemary (finally cut)
1 cup of frozen peas
1 tsp salt
- Start off by placing your paella dish onto a medium to low heat. Add the olive oil, onion and tomato and cook for 3 minutes. Next, add in the smoked paprika and salt and cook until the onions have become soft.
- Add in the chorizo and rice and lightly cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and mussels and cook for around a minute. Pour in the white wine and cook for a further two minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Next, stir in 6 saffron threads, the seafood stock and rosemary. Cook for around 3 minutes.
- Add in the peas and then simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Serve with a fresh lemon squeeze and enjoy.
If you’re feeling creative and have mastered this recipe, you can try the same with chicken or pork.