Enjoy the best tasting spaghetti and meatballs with this home recipe.
Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic Italian dish enjoyed all over the world. If you can make yourself a spag bol then you will have no problem with this recipe. Saying that, even if you are a complete beginner – this recipe is so straightforward that even those with the very basic of culinary skills can master it.
What’s great about making meatballs with spaghetti is that it’s a really simple dish to make. A great tasting dish for the whole family to enjoy.
What ground meat is best to use for meatballs?
In this recipe, we use two different types of proteins; ground beef and ground pork. However, you are able to use just the one protein if you prefer. The reason as to why we use two different proteins is because we find this adds more flavour to the meatballs.
How long does spaghetti and meatballs last in the fridge?
If your spaghetti and meatballs are stored in a proper, airtight container, you’ll be able to keep them in the fridge for around 3 to 4 days.
Kitchen utensils required:
- 2 large saucepans
- 1 frying pan
- 1 chopping board
- 1 drainage colander
- 1 sharp knife
Ingredients For Meatballs
250g ground pork
150g ground beef
½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoons of olive oil
½ bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (crushed and chopped)
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Flour for dusting
Salt & pepper
- INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE
4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 cans of chopped tomato
1 tomato puree
½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
½ tsp of pepper
½ tsp of salt
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried basil
¼ cup fresh parsley
16 oz spaghetti
Directions FOR mEATBALLS
- Start by taking a mixing bowl and add the ground pork and beef. Mix the meat together.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix with your hands.
- Once it’s mixed we’ll together, roll sections of the meat around in your hand to make a meatball shape. Place each one on a plate with a little flour.
- Take a frying pan and add two tablespoons of olive oil on a medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook each side until fully brown.
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Start by chopping the onion and then place it into a saucepan on a medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for around 6 minutes before adding the oregano and basil.
- Stir well and add in the cans of chopped tomato, tomato puree, worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper and simmer for around 30 minute. Add in the meatballs and cook for a further 7-8 minutes.
- Serve with some fresh pasta, sprinkle on some parsley and enjoy.